PROMOTION REQUIREMENTS - 24 CREDIT STANDARD DIPLOMA (OPTION I)
NINTH GRADE TO TENTH GRADE
• A minimum of five (5) credits earned in Grade 9.
TENTH GRADE TO ELEVENTH GRADE
• A minimum of eleven (11) total credits earned in Grades 9 and 10, including 2 English and 2 math credits.
ELEVENTH GRADE TO TWELFTH GRADE
• A minimum of eighteen (18) total credits earned in Grades 9 through 11 of which at least nine (9) fulfill course requirements. At least three (3) credits must be earned in English, three (3) math and a 2.0 cumulative grade point average.
• NOTE: Upon completion of all promotion requirements, students who are at least one year behind their graduating class and are enrolled in an Alternative Education Program may be promoted at the end of the first semester of the school year if it is academically in the best interest of the student.
GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS - 24 CREDIT STANDARD DIPLOMA (OPTION 2)
• Twenty-four (24) credits earned in Grades 9-12 as specified in the Student Progression Plan, satisfactory performance on the 10th Grade Florida State Assessment (FSA ELA, and a 2.0 cumulative grade point average are required for graduation. When a student retakes a course and earns a higher grade for that course, the higher grade will be used in computing the cumulative grade point average. A student may only retake a course in which he/she earned a yearlong grade of D or F. All courses taken (24 credits and beyond) are used in the grade point average calculation. No courses may be dropped in the GPA calculation except due to grade forgiveness.
Standard Diploma Requirements Include
4 Credits English Language Arts (ELA)
• ELA I, II III, IV
• ELA honors, Advanced Placement (AP), Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE), International Baccalaureate (IB) and dual enrollment courses may satisfy this requirement
4 Credits Mathematics
• One of which must be Algebra I and one of which must be Geometry
• Industry certifications that lead to college credit may substitute for up to two mathematics credits (except for Algebra I and Geometry)
3 Credits Science
• One of which must be Biology I, two of which must be equally rigorous science courses.
• Two of the three required credits must have a laboratory component.
• An industry certification that leads to college credit substitutes for up to one science credit (except for Biology I)
• An identified rigorous Computer Science course with a related industry certification substitutes for up to one science credit (except for Biology I)
3 Credits Social Studies
• 1 credit in World History
• 1 credit in U.S. History
• .5 credit in U.S. Government
• .5 credit in Economics with Financial Literacy
1 Credit Fine and Performing Arts, Speech and Debate, or Practical Arts (Eligible CTE Courses) Eligible courses can be found here.
1 Credit Physical Education
• To include the integration of health
• Eligible courses and eligible course substitutions are specified in the Florida Course Code Directory here.
8 Elective Credits
One course must be an Online Course
Students must earn a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
Online course requirements can be satisfied with an industry certification earned on the CAPE Industry Certification Funding List from enrollment in a CTE information technology course.